Friday, April 2, 2010

"I'm a philosopher 'cause I've got my own hat."

I just wrote a PERSONAL blog about an Austin moral philosopher's visit to my favorite tv show, the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson.

I really wanted to post it as an official class post, but I couldn't find any connection with what we're talking about in class. Still, it's very intensely about my feelings on philosophy, and the guest is a philosopher from around here in Texas, so I thought I'd at least mention it to my ridiculously small audience. Enjoy.

Click here to go see the post.

Warning to philosophers: please try not to be offended.

1 comment:

  1. Lols! (about a 6.7 on the bitterly ironic scale).
    I must agree with quite alot of what you said. My blog's about me (". . . I have a rather controversial opinion about that") is a bitterly-ironic-inside-joke-with-myself about one of the guys I'm writing my thesis on. He always seems to respond to every objection in that fashion. And it gets quite annoying.
    Quick thoughts 1) Dancy just isn't that personable a person. I almost wonder if he didn't feel like he needed to do this b/c he didn't seem all that comfortable.

    2)As for philosophers, yep, we're arrogant, self-centered, the whole deal. At least in general. Personally, I think that philosophers really have a jock's mentality except applied to arguments rather than athletics. There's a bit of competitiveness that goes into it.

    3)Dancy displayed some of my least favorite aspects of philosophers today. Wait, so you're studying morality to do what? Anyone watching this video only gets the idea that philosophy that thing that old bald guys do that can't explain themselves. And why couldn't he give an example of

    4) However, not all philosophers are like that. I can think of quite a few that would have been a blast to have on.

    ReplyDelete